temporary visa


temporary visa

Work Permit
A person who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada must obtain permission through the Immigration Service to legally work in Canada.
Work visas are broadly classified into two categories: Open Work Permit, which allows you to work anywhere without an employer's designation, and Closed Work Permit, which is designated by an employer.

The Open Work Permit is a very useful visa as it allows you to choose a job without restrictions regardless of occupation, region, or company. However, if you can get this Open Work Permit, you can apply only in certain circumstances, as in the case below, and there are times when there are restrictions on permanent residency.

Spouses of foreign workers or common-law spouses working in skilled jobs, that is, job groups that fall under NOC Level 0, A, and B
Spouses of non-ESL regular international students or common-law spouses
Post Graduate Work Permit received after graduating Post-Secondary course in Canada
If you received a Bridge Open Work Permit through your Federal File Number while applying for permanent residency
If you have received an Open Work Permit through a file number after applying for spouse-invited immigration, refugee, or extenuating immigration
working holiday visa

Closed Work Permit is not a word used by the Immigration Bureau, but it is commonly used to mean that an employer is designated in the visa, and the most common case is a work visa through LMIA. There are work visas through the government, and work visas through the provincial government nomini.

1. Work visa through LMIA approval

LMIA is an abbreviation for Labor Market Impact Assessment. First, employers must prove the situation in which they have not found suitable workers despite making sufficient efforts to hire Koreans before hiring foreigners. Therefore, the LMIA is a request from an employer through the Labor Administration to obtain permission to hire a foreigner as the relevant job offer does not harm the employment market for locals, and only when the Labor Office evaluates the contents of the application positively can foreigners be hired. If the employer is approved by the LMIA, the applicant will be reviewed by the Immigration Service for qualifications and disqualifications to perform the job with the LMIA, and finally receive a work visa.

2. Employment Visa through FTA

The CK-FTA visa programs are Business Visitors, Intra-company Transferees, and Professionals as follows.

Business Visitors
First of all, if a Korean company enters Canada for market research, marketing activities, product sales and purchase consultations or negotiations, purchase/production management, distribution or after-sales service, etc., they can receive a Business Visitor visa and do limited work in Canada. You will be able to do it. However, in this case, it is not a working visa, so the overseas head office belongs to the head office overseas, and the subject of wage payment must be the overseas head office.

Intra-company Transferees
This refers to the case where a Korean parent company dispatches employees to a Canadian subsidiary (Branch). This is a program that existed even before the Korea-Canada FTA took effect, and managers or technicians who have worked at a Korean parent company for more than one year within the last three years can receive it. In fact, in Alberta, a number of large Korean companies are actually entering through this program. In some cases, the process of permanent residency is prohibited for the purpose of returning to the headquarters according to company regulations, but easy immigration is open through the state employer-led program, strategic employment program as an engineer, or Express Entry program.

Professional work permits can be divided into two categories: Contract service Supplier and Independent Professional. If a professional worker of Korean nationality receives a job offer from a Canadian company, he or she can apply for a work visa without a work permit after signing a prior contract. This category is divided into two categories: Contract service Supplier and Independent Professional, and you can receive employment visas across 26 occupational groups, including engineers, architects, management consultants, computer programmers, accountants, designers, and information system analysts/administrators.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

You may also like View all