CEC (Canadian Experience Immigration)

CEC stands for Canadian Experience Class, and as the name suggests, it is a program that allows you to apply for permanent residency if you have 1 year of Canadian experience working with a legal work permit within the last 3 years.

For the CEC category, you can apply if you have worked in Canada with a legal work visa (Open Work Permit / Closed Work Permit) and have worked for more than one year. It is a program that allows those who have permanent residency to access it faster and easier. In particular, if you studied abroad in Canada, you can apply for EE if you get a job during the PGWP period given after graduation without a separate work visa process such as LMIA and fill out 1 year of experience. It is also a category.

* PGWP (Post-Graduation Work Permit): This is an Open Work Permit that can be obtained by completing a full-time school in Canada designated by CIC. If you have completed a 2-year college program, a period of up to 3 years is given, and a course of less than 2 years is given PGWP for the duration of the program. (Example: In the case of a 1-year certificate course, 1-year PGVP is given after graduation) However, the duration of the program must be at least 8 months.

* Open Work Permit: A working visa that allows you to freely select and work for a job without any specific restrictions such as occupation, region, or company.

* Closed Work Permit: Although not an official term used by the Canadian Immigration Service, it is used to mean that an employer is designated on the visa. This visa does not allow you to legally work with any employer other than the designated employer. In general, a work visa through LMIA corresponds to this.

| Qualifications

Minimum Qualifications for CEC
1. Career
In Canada, at least one year of full-time work experience within the last three years from the date of application for permanent residency is required.

Must complete a total of 1,560 hours of work experience equivalent to 30 hours or more per week for one year
*Filling 1,560 hours part-time is also acceptable (e.g. 2 years of experience at 15 hours a week, 2 years of experience at 15 hours a week for a total of 2 part-time hours, etc.)
*More than 30 hours a week is not recognized by the Immigration Service. In other words, you cannot apply for permanent residency in advance even if you fill up 1,560 hours within one year.

Must have paid work experience on a legal work visa
*Work experience through unpaid internships or volunteer work is not recognized
*Career acquired while studying on a student visa (co-op, off-campus work permit) or self-employed career is not recognized.
*If you apply for PGWP after graduation or apply for LMIA work permit after completing the co-op program, your experience is recognized from the date of application for a work visa

Only careers in NOC 0, A, B (manager, professional, technical) occupational groups are recognized.
2. Education

No Qualifications

3. Language (English/French)

NOC 0, A: CLB 7 or higher for each item
NOC B: CLB 5 or higher for each item
*Must be within 2 years from the time of application for permanent residency