FST (Federal Skilled Immigration Program)

FST stands for Federal Skilled Trades Program and is one of the categories of Express Entry (EE), a Canadian immigration program. This program is intended to give overseas skilled workers the opportunity to acquire permanent residency more easily, and the program is also called skilled immigration because it is an immigration of technicians. Canadian Occupational Classification Code NOC Code B Occupational occupations in specific skills can apply for permanent residency through this category. Construction, carpentry, electricity, mechanical equipment, telecommunications, plumbing, aviation, heavy equipment, agriculture, forestry, logging, cook, baker, butcher, etc. It is a program that can be progressed if you have experience and qualifications or a job offer (LMIA).

| FSW Minimum Qualifications
1. Career
Canadian or non-Canada work experience is also recognized, and 2 years of full-time work experience within the last 5 years is required.
* A total of 3,10 hours of work experience equivalent to 30 hours or more per week for 2 years

* It is also acceptable to fill 3,120 hours with part-timers (Example: 4 years of experience at 15 hours a week, 2 years of experience in total with 2 part-time hours of 15 hours each, etc.)

* More than 30 hours per week is not recognized by immigration. In other words, if you work more than 30 hours a week and fill 3,120 hours within 2 years, you cannot apply for permanent residency in advance.

Must have Paid (paid) experience
Unpaid internships or volunteer work experience are not accepted.

2+ years of experience in the same job
* Recognize up to 2 employers. Must have at least one year of full-time equivalent experience with the same employer

NOC B Only technical workers in a specific occupational group can apply for permanent residency
*Occupational groups that can apply for FST

NOC Codes: Occupational Groups 72xx, 73xx, 82xx, 92xx, 632x, 633x

Major Group 72: industrial, electrical and construction trades
Major Group 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades
Major Group 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
Major Group 92: processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
Minor Group 632: chefs and cooks
Minor Group 633: butchers and bakers
2. LMIA (Work Permit) or related qualifications
You must have a job offer of at least one year (LMIA) or obtain a state-required license.

3. Education
No Qualifications

4. Language (English/French)
Speaking & Listening: CLB 5 or higher
Reading & Writing: CLB 4 or higher
* Scores must be within 2 years from the time of application for permanent residency

5. Proof of Funds
Like the FSW, the FST requires financial proof that you have sufficient assets to settle in Canada. You must prove that you meet the conditions for the amount of assets set for your family size.

* Proof of finances is not a requirement if you are legally working in Canada or have received a job offer.

* Must be calculated by including all immediate family members (including those who have Canadian permanent residency/citizenship or do not live together in Canada)